PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm. I don't think of pipe smoking as a way to evoke compassion. The pause and contemplation aspect might occasionally bring compassionate thoughts. I recently found myself getting set off by too many minor mishaps and disappointments, and though I hated the idea, just wanting to do better, I went back to decaf coffee, and it really reduced the incidences of tantrums. So sometimes our legal drugs do affect our emotional reactions. If pipe smoking leads to contemplation, that might lead to compassion, I suppose.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
That's a very off the wall theory for smoking a pipe. Sounds very personal and if that brings on your compassion, keep on smoking.....? and chain smoke at that. We certainly can use more compassion everywhere.
I don't need to smoke a pipe to be compassionate...... OR MAYBE I DO! ???

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Stalin smoked a pipe you know. I wonder how that worked with the 'compassion' thing. Years ago we had a poster on here who was a Stalin fan and loved Royal Yacht so I guess he had the full set going for him. I don't smoke a pipe to find 'compassion' but to ponder some of the inner mysteries that make up our universe. Things like how do we get 'belly button fluff' and is our path to inner enlightenment blocked up with great wads of the stuff. Should we found a religion around glass naval plugs that prevent 'fluff' build up. Can you smoke it? As for 'compassion' I find this world in which we live is two drinks behind the rest of solar system!

Jan 27, 2020
Stalin smoked a pipe you know. I wonder how that worked with the 'compassion' thing. Years ago we had a poster on here who was a Stalin fan and loved Royal Yacht so I guess he had the full set going for him. I don't smoke a pipe to find 'compassion' but to ponder some of the inner mysteries that make up our universe. Things like how do we get 'belly button fluff' and is our path to inner enlightenment blocked up with great wads of the stuff. Should we found a religion around glass naval plugs that prevent 'fluff' build up. Can you smoke it? As for 'compassion' I find this world in which we live is two drinks behind the rest of solar system!

John Stalin?

Reactions: bullet08