PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I want a pipe like that too! If he put a grate across the top of that thing while he was smoking it, he could cook a burger or a steak!
I don't mean to sound like a dope (yeah, like thats ever helped me) but what is the fetish? Is it big pipes? Looking English? Leather gloves?

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
man those weirdo`s that smoke a pipe and just look into the camera are some strange people. just talk already. :crazy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
LOL...that dude is hilarious. It's the overall effect with the clothes and gloves...but mostly his attitude and expression.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
That guy is soooooo HOT in those gloves. Oh yeah! I just wanna let him slobber all over my pipe. Maybe he'll BLOW torch my pipe.
Seriously though, what the hell is this crap? Does it bother anyone else that that our genteel hobby is degraded by this "chap" and others like him. This is not the first video I've seen like this on youtube. There are many truly gross, and I'd like to coin a phrase here, softcore pipe videos on youtube. I find it very annoying when I stumble across them.
Your thoughts???

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
To clarify, I am in no way a Homophobe. I have several gay friends. Also, I really love the informative videos of PipefriendCHS on youtube. I know that many of you have learned valuable info from him and he is openly homosexual.
So please refrain from labeling me a homophobe. Thanks.

bobdobbs

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2011
Yea, Pipefriend is awesome. I dunno, as far as i can tell there's fetish videos for everything. I just try to ignore it. (but yes, there are FAR too many "softcore" pipe videos)

bobdobbs

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2011
Hah! Yea, gotta say that was by far the best vid in my subscription box that day. Too bad its still too cold to smoke outside here in MN...

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
It really is just the whole presentation of the video that makes it a classic..the wardrobe is just perfect for his overall facial characteristics, and the leather driving gloves are there to accentuate the fact that he needs them to man-handle such a brute of a pipe. Everyone will stereotype him into a certain version of their manly/gay traits, but I don't think it has anything to do with that. He may be the biggest stud in Europe, and hung like a Russian Race Horse, bonking every supermodel he looks at. The point is the size of the pipe, his puffing abilities, the blowtorch(which makes the whole video for me), hacking up that huge cough in the middle, the glow of the embers that match the intensity of the Sun, and like any great video, casting and wardrobe were perfect, so no dialogue is necessary.

bobdobbs

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2011
@hobie1dog

Don't get me wrong, I find the video as hilarious as you do. The guy did a great job of throwing together an awesome outfit and both finding and smoking the biggest pipe ive ever seen. Whether or not the guy does a good job or representing the pipe smoking community is a matter or opinion though. As a knife collector, I find a bit of irritation in looking up a particular knife review only to find someone talking about how "super deadly" it is. Amusing? Totally. Irrisponsible (or might otherwise perpetuate stereotypes?) Unfortunately.
Edit: Junior member! w00t

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
No one told I should wear gloves to pack my pipe!

I do however have the urge to bar-b-que a steak in that bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.