PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I have worked on lawnmowers, cars, bikes, built houses and any number of things and have never taken my pipe out of my mouth. So today I finally found something that does not work with smoking my pipe. I was cleaning up the edges of the driveway and blowing a path to the wood pile after a week of heavy snowfalls. It was a bit windy today and I loaded up a Peterson billiard with some Penzance and started to blow out the driveway. The wind blew back the snow right into my pipe and my face. Of course it stuck to everything I was wearing and my youngest son started laughing and said I looked like Frosty the Snowman. The pipe went out and was soaking wet and so was the tobacco. Sooooo fair warning to the rest of you. Snowblowing and pipe smoking are not a match made in heaven :rofl:

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
haha I tried that a couple of weeks ago, with the same results as you. I guess the pipe is a nice little treat when the job is done.

Dec 24, 2012
I smoke my cob when I do the snow. I have a long driveway, so I use an arctic cat with a plow. The cat has a windshield, so it protects me from wind blow back, thankfully. here's the machine you need to smoke your pipe while clearing the snow:
IMG-20130208-00127_zps601fb45d.jpg

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Ya i tried smoking mine while on the ATV plowing, not a good outcome. Gave up after about 5 mins...much better to get it done and then sit in the woodshed looking out on the mess while enjoying a pipe haha

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
We paid a neighbor's kid to shovel our walks and driveway last storm. :D I had to do some touchup the next morning with a shovel (and a pipe).

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
hahaha Lawrence I will have to look into an MRP system to ensure my snow inventory is logged properly and stored in it's appropriate areas. :worship:

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
You can get a hood for your snowblower that attaches to the handlebars and a couple other spots. It works awesome. It's a 4 sided deal: front, left, right and top are covered. It's necessary here because the wind is always blowing! I've looked like a snowman on more than one occasion. The decision was buy the hood, or get a corn cob pipe (and a button nose?)

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I do the same thing but while shoveling snow manually. I have a shovel that's seen five NJ winters. I always use a windscreen while out in the snow with pipe clenched.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Ya know, personally, I love snow. I like cold weather. I am weird.
Of course, too many clouds can get me down. Can't see the stars :)
Jason

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Well head on over here. We got a foot a few days ago, and supposed to get another 6" tonight. Hasn't happened yet though. Gave the snowblower a good workout (or was that me?) today!

Status
Not open for further replies.