PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome54.jpg
I love Condor. The old formula was way better, but I will still smoke the new stuff... because I have a bunch of it. But, if you can get hold of any, you would probably really like the new release of WarHorse. There aren't many aromatics that have some ummph to them.
I think that what you suggest as aromatics removes Royal Yacht from the list, but you might also really like Petersons Perfect Plug (aka PPP).

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Welcome from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.

You don’t mention anything you might be interested in. The plugs you mentioned aren’t overly aromatic.

Perhaps a visit to a local tobacconist would help you more as far as getting a good idea of what you’d like to try.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Hello everyone. I am in Ireland and I'm interested in trying new aromatic tobacco's, so any advice would be very welcome. I smoke a mix of Condor and Mick McQuaid as it brings back the memory of my Dad in his work shed when I was a boy. Delighted to be accepted into the group. I look forward to hearing your advice and your expertise.
Welcome from the San Francisco, USA area! I don't smoke many aromatics, but I had one a year or two ago that I thought was excellent. It is unavailable here in the US, but might be available to you. It is Gawith, Hogarth & Co. New Prince. I wish they sold it here. Wonderful flavor and aroma.

Based on your fondness for Condor, what about St. Bruno? I also like Dark Flake Scented from Gawith Hogarth. Like @cosmicfolklore I don't consider it much of an aromatic, but Peterson's Perfect Plug is a nice, fairly stout Virginia-Burley plug with a nice topping that complements the flavors and strength of the tobaccos.

Reactions: ofafeather

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I smoke more of the unscented, which still has some of the aromanticness, just not as much. But, I like the scented version occasionally also.
I prefer unscented as well, but the Scented/Aromatic/"A" version is also kind of an odd, but strangely compelling flake, and it definitely has more aromatic qualities with the rose geranium and liquorice combination. I can and do smoke the unscented version very often, but the Scented/Aromatic/"A" version is more of an occasional smoke for me. It seems to have multiple names that vary based on location, so I listed all three names that I have seen :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.