PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Have you ever bought a pipe from an online store, looked at the picture and decided to buy it. The online store doesn't give a size, Dunhill group size # (3,4 or 5), nothing. Then, when I get it, it's 4" long. A little thing. WTF. I have about 8 of these little guys. Never smoked. I wish they would categorize the pipes according to a size. I don't care to see tiny pipes. Just show me a larger sized pipe. Nothing else.
I love my Nording pipes. That's a nice size pipe. My Peterson's are fine smoking pipes to. But these little guy's heat up fast and don't take much tobacco in the bowls. My wife asked if it blows bubbles to. She says it's cute. I don't care for cute. Blow bubbles ? So, I just put them in a drawer

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I ordered one pipe on line and when it arrived it was larger than I expected. Not the end of the world, but I now prefer to buy in person.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If there's no size listed then try giving the people a call, or pass up on them for being so retarded as not to list the size of their item. Spend your money with a company that give crap about the product they are selling.
If the size is listed and you can't get off your butt and get a ruler and grab one of your pipes to get a general idea of what the pipe will be like... then I can't help you. No one can. (this is not directed towards anyone here, just venting lol)
If you get it and their measurements are wrong, then you've got a case lol Send it back and get another one that suites you better.

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
rlunderhill: Perhaps you can post some pictures of the 8 small pipes? I personally prefer smaller pipes.. Perhaps there is one among them which I like and might buy from you?

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Maybe im reading the original post wrong. Are you saying you've purchased eight Dunhills, decided they were too small, then put them in a drawer somewhere? Seems a bit expensive to continue doing that :?
This is why I prefer smokingpipes.com They list every measurement you could want, and the picture you see is the exact pipe you will get. Also, pipes always seem much larger in the pictures online than what they actually are.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I agree with Dylan, with some searching around you can usually find a site that list all sizes. Which btw.. leads me to this:
Just came home and found this on my desk. I even forgot I had this one coming. I needed a small pipe for a quick break at work. And, considering I collect old Belgian pipes, I had found this little unsmoked Albertson pipe. It's amazing it's unsmoked given that Albertson pipe haven't been made in at least 20 years.
It's just under 5" total length, bowl depth is 1.2", bowl outside is exactly 1" with an inside diameter just under .6". This thing will do just great for a 10-15 minute smoke. RLUnderhill, once you have 50 posts, you can even post them on here to see if someone is interested.
33F7CD23.jpg

877CC1CC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.