PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjoner

Lurker
Jun 4, 2018
I live in Nova Scotia and I'm planning a trip to Portland, Maine for Easter Weekend. Are there any known pipe shops in Portland I should be aware of to check out?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
No idea, but I see there is a cigar bar called Calabash Cafe. Their online photos show at least a case of briars for sale.

I bet if you gave them a call they could not only tell you what they have, but may be able to point you toward other shops that may have more/better pipe related products.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I've tried to locate a shop in Portland a time or two before, thinking about the next time I have reason (or excuse) for the hour's drive down there, but usually got results or Portland Oregon instead.

Today I found this page: Tobacco Shops in Portland - Yelp - https://www.yelp.com/c/portland-maine/tobaccoshops

Hope this helps. I've not been to any of the places listed, suspect most are cigarettes/roll-your-own shops, vape shops, but maybe a real pipe tobacconist hidden somewhere among them.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I've tried to locate a shop in Portland a time or two before, thinking about the next time I have reason (or excuse) for the hour's drive down there, but usually got results or Portland Oregon instead.

Today I found this page: Tobacco Shops in Portland - Yelp - https://www.yelp.com/c/portland-maine/tobaccoshops

Hope this helps. I've not been to any of the places listed, suspect most are cigarettes/roll-your-own shops, vape shops, but maybe a real pipe tobacconist hidden somewhere among them.
I live in close proximity to the Calabash Shop and they have a fine selection of cigars and a good sized humidor. Basically a Cigar Bar. They serve beverages including alcohol and have a place to relax and enjoy a smoke. However there's nothing there for the pipe smoker. Other venues in UNFRIENDLY TOBACCO MAINE are virtually nonexistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.