PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Thanks for the post. I didn't know there was a bull moose, thought they were all bull dogs.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Thanks Uber, I was thinking if starting a thread about this very subject. I can tell some apart bu can't tell what all of them are. I have a hard time discerning an apple from an egg from a billiard.

Reactions: Briar Lee

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is just a great link for the pipe shape-obsessed. I finally figured out that my 30 year old Sav is

a zulu, not a Dublin, and why -- 1/8 bent stem. I may have to go through every last shape.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Found this very early on when I first started researching pipes. It's pretty informative.

rebeka

Lurker
May 18, 2014
Hello everybody.
We recently bought a pipe and we assume it's a Kalmasch pipe. It has 2 engravings, we assume it's something like

ZN. WIEN and ROSE on the other side of it.
Can anyone identifie what we've bought?

ebr-IMG-00.jpg

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
bullets wrote: "Can someone explain the difference between a billiard and a dublin? I legitimatrly can't tell."
I believe the bowl on the Dublin is canted slightly forward and has a bell-type shape, where the billiard bowl is perpendicular to the stem (assuming it's a straight stem) and has more of a uniformly cylindrical shape.