PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Afternoon gentlemen and gentleladies.

What shape would you say this pipe is? I would say a bent brandy or bulldog?
20130125_143439_zps89a758bb.jpg

I like what's been done on the bottom. It's not a "sitter" but it's nice and flat. Have a looksee
20130125_143501_zpscf775675.jpg

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I'm still really new at this so it's just a guess but I'd say half bent apple. It's really nice and the flat bottom is cool.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's a real hybrid -- maybe bent apple (or brandy), maybe something like author or diplomat. But it ain't no bulldog (imho). Usually bulldogs, even if they don't have the groove running round the bowl, have a distinct cone shape on the top (i.e., a straight, not curved surface)

cezario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I agree with Fork . It's a diplomat (author) sitter . Very nice chubby pipe !

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I'm not sure what to call it, but I like it a lot. I think I'd go with bent bulldog.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I say its a pipe. Light up and smoke.
Seriously though, most any shape can be a sitter. To me looks like a cross between a brandy and a volcano. Not sure of what the true definition of an author is, but the Sav 320 shape has been consistently called an author and I think this is closer to my stated hybrid then an author.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Well pitchfork ( love the name!) when I purchased it, it was in a Comoys cabinet in a newsagents selling a few blends. I asked the guy "are these comoys" and got a "yes yes sir, comoys very good"

Now they were not marked comoys so I pursued it with the guy who assured me that the pipes I bought came from the rep along with the cabinet etc etc

I've searched the net and I'm 99% certain comoys never made pipes with only London England X stamped on them. I think they're just basket jobbies. Not that I mind one iota! I've smoked the BrandyDogCanoSitterRockerAuther and its a beauty!!! Can't wait till its broken in, it's gonna be a favourite!

Status
Not open for further replies.