PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
You are absolutely correct for your taste buds, and I my own. But, we would just look like an ass to tell someone that what they taste is fantasy and "misguided."
Correct. I can only know how my pipes and tobaccos smoke for me; to say how they smoke for you is quite impossible. Further, to tell you that your perceptions are misguided or a fantasy elaborates my presumption, as I don't know that now, nor will I in future.
Sorry!

P

pipebuddy

I think those differences might have to do more with the briar itself, overall. There can exist minor differences related to the size and width of the bowl, for example but, based on my experience, the briar is key more than anything else. :)

Mar 29, 2016
Pipe shape and size certainly influence the way a tobacco burns especially when coupled with the tobacco cut. Overall, the material used for the pipe has a greater importance for the flavor I believe. Could it be that the sum of all this, when the stars align perfectly, provide the nirvana of pipe smoking?
I have a few sandblasted pipes that make Virginia and Va/Pers flakes sing while I find that Latakia mixtures are more sensitive to the bowl size, especially if ribbon cut.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
@Jaytex it did slip my mind about the cake build up in the Tinsky. The pipe is new and still building cake. I can say that some of the other Virginia’s I smoke in it taste wonderful. Great pipe and I will be purchasing another Tinsky soon. I will definitely have to hold off on smoking more of the Wynd out of it until there is some more cake and see if it changes. As for the Tsuge, there is a good cake so that is not a factor maybe just the shape? I will have to try the Tsuge again and this time try a looser pack and see if there is a change in flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.