PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I keep 2 Burley pipes, 2 Virginia pipes, 2 "American English" or latakia pipes, 2 English pipes, a pipe for lakelands, a pipe for aromatics, and a codger blend pipe. 11 total in "active" rotation.

Sometimes I'll smoke a tin of something straight through, and it's nice to have pipes to alternate for that.

If I didn't follow something like this, I would buy so many pipes in such a short amount of time it would ruin me.

Reactions: dcon

DarkButterfly

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2020
South East UK
As vaping is my primary source of smoking, I tend to only smoke my pipe occasionally, so I just pick up which ever pipe I lay my hands on first, but I do let it rest after smoking ?

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Sort of a random rotation. As I have around 50 pipes, I try to give them all some time, Generally, I'll pick out a rotation for the coming week and smoke them, Then to a different rotation the next week, though there are about 4-5 pipes I always want to smoke weekly regardless of the rest of the rotation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I smoked pipes in a settled sequence, that would also slightly pre-determine which blends I'd smoke. I really want to smoke many different blends in any particular pipe, so I don't designate pipes to blends or genres either. I'd much rather be disappointed now and then than bored.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
random rotation is what i'm doing. have 21peterson that i rotate. but on occasions, i'll pick a pipe that i feel like smoking. then there are morgan bones for OTC.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
The choice has always been random... with three caveats.... a) bowl size would sometimes come into play if I would want a longer experience, for instance, b) feeling especially fond of the way a particular pipe had been working for me may keep me with that pipe for long stretches, and c) on RARE occasion when I was “dressed up” in some fashion I would get an especially clean looking pipe instead of a “rattier” looking pipe. ?

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I have two pipe collections, home and away. My away rotation consists of only 4 pipes—those I methodically rotate. The home collection is plucked from more randomly but I tend not to repeat a pipe until I've worked through most of the others.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I have a few pipes dedicated to particular types of tobacco. Other than pairing those pipes with the appropriate tobacco, it’s pretty random.
That being said I often deliberately smoke straight burley in my aromatic pipes

Reactions: Epip Oc'Cabot

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I have a few pipes dedicated to particular types of tobacco. Other than pairing those pipes with the appropriate tobacco, it’s pretty random.
That being said I often deliberately smoke straight burley in my aromatic pipes
I figure burley can be acceptable in any pipe, regardless of what it may be earmarked for.?

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I don't have a dedicated rotation. I generally just take a look at my pipes, determine what blend I want to smoke and see which pipe or pipes I haven't used in awhile and just grab one. I would say that during a three or four week period, most of my pipes get smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.