PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I just got a lot of pipes off ebay. There was a pipe or two that caught my eye, but I mainly got it mainly for the awesome old Kaywoodie advertisement. So I want to try my hand at restoring some of them

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Heres some pictures.I will probably end up selling most of the pipes. I'm gonna keep one or two. I'm for sure selling the 8 pipe pipe rack with humidor though

KGrHqZioE9Y-StSr1BPY60ld8bw60_35.jpg

KGrHqFmEE9QtlMn1HBPY60r3l60_35.jpg

KGrHqJqsE88gcG80WBPY60eYPCg60_35.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well. in those small (To an old fart anyway) pics I see a Yellobole. What are the rest of them Ben??

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Isopropyl Alcohol will work too. I know a few old timers who use it.

come to think of it all the commercial pipe cleaning soultions like the old Bee and Pipemasters contain Isopropyl Alcohol and from my understanding work better then Everclear.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yep,Isopropyl alcohol (preferably 91%) work great for cleaning pipes. It's all I have ever used.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I just checked the tracking number, and it is in the sorting facility in Allen Park, Michigan. So I should have it tomorrow. I work 11 to 5, so I'll post what I decide to sell after work. Even though its a 6 hour day, its gonna be a long day waiting to open the package.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
I've done 3 pipes [so far] with iso and cotton balls and it's worked great for me...I did try the liquor method once without as much success,but that's just me

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Well since I got a good price on the lot, and I'll be selling most of the pipes, If I ruin it I won't be out anything. I'm excited to get it. They framed kaywoodie ad is going on my wall

Status
Not open for further replies.