PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpassmore

Lurker
Mar 31, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi guys i'm looking into purchasing a Pipe rack for my growing collection that could possible have a place to store my tobacco tins and pipe tools as well. Anyone know of a good source?
I've seen a lot of racks on eBay but to they dont look that great for the prices they want.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
There's a guy in another forum who made an impressive pipe rack from corrugated cardboard.
IMG_3121.jpg

The link to the thread:
Nero's Homemade Pipe Rack

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
I think old Nero would fit right in around here. He could make racks for Phil's and my pipes.
Five coats of shellac!
I'd think I'd prefer the brown tempra "stain" vs. green though.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yeah I agree Phil. I think the guy at the ed of the thread over there that used duct tape had a better product.
I've been thinking on this myself.
I have a dresser in my office and only ever used the top drawer.
I sort of discovered by accident that 3 reamaining drawers work well as a "pipe center" of sorts.
The bottom drawer is my "cellar". Pretty bare so far. 8 jars of Bob's Chocolate flake and a few tins in a lock and lock container.
The next drawer up works great for a working stash. It's perfect height to roll my office chair over to and look down to see what sounds good.
And the next up (2nd from the top) is not as tall. Maybe 6 inches or so. I fashioned sort of a reclining bench for pipes and fit it to the drawer. So you just open the drawer and...."hey pipes!".
Someday maybe I'll expand to the top drawer and relocate the mass of tangled cables, stray note pads, and small broken electronics that reside there now.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
One of the members here, Sinistertopiary, had a custom made pipe rack. He has the link to the place that makes them in his blog post. You can check out pictures and the link here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/sinistertopiary/pipe-smoking/happy-day-in-a-sinister-world-indeed-a-perfect-gift/

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
That's slick Phil.
Let me know when Art is done with yours so he can get started on mine.
RJ

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Very innovative Phil,

I like the ease of access to the pipes.

They are spaced out nicely, they don't have a crowded feel like "regular" pipe rack.
I like the color too.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Just joshin'! I plan to run some pipe racks later this summer. I will probably do a couple cabinets at the same tine similar to my antique ones.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Take a look at these.

http://www.twocousinspiperacks.com/Home.html

or these--

http://www.tonyspiperacks.com/

Google pipe racks-there are several makers.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I've been planning to buy some cheap wallmounted dvd-cabinet with glass doors from Ikea and convert it into a pipe cabinet. I'm not the handiest person with tools but how hard can it be?

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My tobacco jar collection is starting to increase so much it would soon take up a lot of space on a wall. :D
(I just jar any tin I open now, so as not to have any tobacco dry out)

Status
Not open for further replies.