Pipe Number 4 In the Alaska 7 day Set (Oil Themed)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Ryan is a superb carver but this one seems to have a stem that is too long for the pipe. Other than that it is gorgeous.
That would be my fault, not Ryan's. I specifically requested this pipe be 6.8 inches as mentioned in the OP, typically this sort of shape would be 5.5 to 6.

Reactions: kcghost

germinal

Lurker
Mar 18, 2021
Sweden
I'm absolutely awestruck by the well thought out concept and execution of these pipes so far. You can certainly see that the pipe makers are having fun with the creativity under constraints and are putting out their best work. Well done all around, looking forward to the rest.

Reactions: alaskanpiper

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@alaskanpiper really nice pipes, it shows where your heart is at. I lived briefly in Sitka, absolutely loved it, and that comes from person living in Hawaii. LOL

My heart is still in Sitka! ❤️

If I had my way, I’d still be in Sitka, I still have my XTRATUF, and I still have an Alaskan drivers license. :LOL:

Aloha ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
@alaskanpiper really nice pipes, it shows where your heart is at. I lived briefly in Sitka, absolutely loved it, and that comes from person living in Hawaii. LOL

My heart is still in Sitka! ❤️

If I had my way, I’d still be in Sitka, I still have my XTRATUF, and I still have an Alaskan drivers license. :LOL:

Aloha ?
SE AK is a wonderful and beautiful place (like all Alaska). And you will certainly need those Tufs with Sitka’s 120 inches of rain per year!

I had a shirt when I was a kid that said:

Sitka Rain Festival
Jan. 1 - Dec. 31

Reactions: PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
SE AK is a wonderful and beautiful place (like all Alaska). And you will certainly need those Tufs with Sitka’s 120 inches of rain per year!

I had a shirt when I was a kid that said:

Sitka Rain Festival
Jan. 1 - Dec. 31

Wiki says the average rainfall is 235 inches a year, and I believe it, cause when I was there, it was always raining. LOL

P.S. Don’t forget, you need a Sitka Alaska Day Pipe, to commentate buying Alaska from Russia. LOL :)

I stood on Castle Hill for Alaska Day.

86C7B5E2-0C4F-4C68-ABC3-43358CFECE2B.png

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Wiki says the average rainfall is 235 inches a year, and I believe it, cause when I was there, it was always raining. LOL

P.S. Don’t forget, you need a Sitka Alaska Day Pipe, to commentate buying Alaska from Russia. LOL :)

I stood on Castle Hill for Alaska Day.

View attachment 73598

Oh, I thought it was 235 days a year not inches, but my memory is far less accurate than wikipedia, hahaha. Either way its A LOT.

Reactions: PipeIT

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
when oil prices are high, Alaska booms. When they are low, we bust
When they are high the politicians in Juneau spend and spend. We, the electorate. pay much more for gas and other oil based products. High per barrel prices are a double edged sword in a state dependent not only on oil but, expensive modes of transportation. We pay some sort of penalty no matter the price of crude. But, it is true, employment is great when the "patch" is running full throttle. These days we are losing population due to diminishing production even as the price rises. It's a lot cheaper, even in the lower states to produce oil than it is in Alaska. We'd need to see higher prices for an extended period of time before any increase in production is contemplated in Alaska. The big co9mpanies can find much cheaper fields than boring in Alaska. We've kinda priced ourselves out of the market and volume is decreasing in the pipeline.

But, your pipe production looks outstanding!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
When they are high the politicians in Juneau spend and spend. We, the electorate. pay much more for gas and other oil based products. High per barrel prices are a double edged sword in a state dependent not only on oil but, expensive modes of transportation. We pay some sort of penalty no matter the price of crude. But, it is true, employment is great when the "patch" is running full throttle. These days we are losing population due to diminishing production even as the price rises. It's a lot cheaper, even in the lower states to produce oil than it is in Alaska. We'd need to see higher prices for an extended period of time before any increase in production is contemplated in Alaska. The big co9mpanies can find much cheaper fields than boring in Alaska. We've kinda priced ourselves out of the market and volume is decreasing in the pipeline.

But, your pipe production looks outstanding!
That pretty much sums it up.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I too somehow missed this when it was posted. Another amazing pipe in a stunningly thoughtful series.

I visited Alaska in 2019 and loved every minute of my time there. I hope to visit again soon.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Similar to the bull moose pipe, I only quickly caught the word "oil" in the text before seeing the photographs and instantly thought "YES, that swirl is what you see in oil spills" - not that I've seen one up close but I have seen polluted sea water in Athens's main harbour. Very nice staining.