PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Hey Eric, Great job on the article. I am a relatively private guy so I don't net alot of comments because I do most of my smoking at home. I mostly get the Sherlock/ old man comments from friends and family. The most public I usually get to smoke is in my car. I have gotten a couple of looks while driving though and have been waiting to get pulled over or something. As a LEO myself I find that laughable. I can recall as a younger officer who was not a smoker at the time seeing someone smoking a pipe, the thought to stop and detain based upon that alone never crossed my mind. Again, great work my friend!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
@ cyndi: I apologize for the penis bearing creatures that, simply due to anatomy, are referred to as men. So sad.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Now, with that said, I'll need everyone's names, first and last, for my report, err, database, umm, I'm not a spy ::runs out the door::

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
My beard is just, erm, sleeping :?
At any rate, being the wet-behind-the-ears-young-un that people seem to view me as, working in a B+M I get asked that quite often by people who don't know me enough to know that I love pipes. They ask, I grin, replying, "Crack Cocaine." And just leave it there. :lol: Typically if people ask me an obviously stupid question, they will get a stupid answer in return.
The conversation usually turns to them leaving with a boatload of unsolicited knowledge about the pipe; I talk them right out the door.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
After a mountain biking ride I lit up with my pipe and within 10 seconds there was someone asking me if I was smoking weed and the rest in my group stared at me like I had two heads. I just laughed it off and had a good time anyways. I do feel very self-aware though when I have it out in public, not because people smoke weed from pipes, but because so many people have a problem with smoking in general.
I am one of those people sometimes, if someone smells like cigarette smoke, I don't want to be anywhere near them, some people just smell aweful (and I have a very weak sense of smell). As a rule I don't smoke a heavy latakia blend right before work because I don't want people to smell it on me either (I do customer service), although most of that smell is because some cigarette users inhale it many many times a day.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Someone asked me that question in public before; the, "got weed in that pipe?" question.
I quickly shot back that I'd rather stuff dog s#%t in my pipe and smoke it. That shut them up. His friend laughed at him. Mission accomplished.
Apologies to those who enjoy the wacky 'baccy. I actually have no opinion one way or another on the stuff. I just wanted to say something blunt to make said person look like an ass. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.