PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
hahahaha i'll try not to but i thought it was a brand of russian vodka or rocket fuel hahaha

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Nathaniel - Is the Xikar Pipeline a torch? Went to their website and it sure sounds like it. I used a torch lighter for a while, but quit as it was turning my pipes into charcoal.

Jul 15, 2011
I seem to be of the old, old school persuasion and light my pipe using a simple, ordinary kitchen match. For those bottom of the bowl relights, I rely on a trusty bic lighter. Inexpensive, simple, and effective.

Jul 12, 2011
matches...no trouble with fuel issues :) I'm an Old Boy-Main/Zippo mix...Zippo's Prem-Fuel now is very good no transfer to smoke..perhaps their paste formula had it (when I smoked cigars with it I could detect)

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
bootleg them lighters look quite nice as it is i have 1 similar to them i also have an imco g77r made in austria for some reason that lasts longer than my sky.

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
i actually started carrying around the little boxes of matches. it's $.75 for 320 matches, and i find it easier and tastier to light with them. so now i carry a bic, a zippo and matches... im a pyro

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I tried a good many different pipe lighters before breaking down and buying an Old Boy. It was well worth the cost, and I wouldn't use anything else. Well, except for my Zippo when it's too windy for the Old Boy.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
I saw that someone mentioned the Fujima Arrow earlier...got one for $15 on ebay. Refillable butane and so far it has worked flawlessly...using it for about 2 weeks now....

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
The new zippo fluid is great with no taste. Although the old fuel had a taste, you could bypass this by lighting and letting it burn a few seconds before lighting your pipe.
I actually switched and started using campstove/lantern fuel which I didn't find to have a taste and a gallon lasts a long time. (I don't camp as much as I used too)
I actually had a nice Old Boy with the rusticated briar and brass finish. It now resides in where-a-bouts unknown NC. I also have a Pipe Maggie I use a lot and it's also made by the same company as the Old Boy.
I also have a couple Zippo lighters but haven't found them yet after the move, among a lot of my other pipe stuff. And bics lay lots of places around here for back up lighters. I find a lot of them in the river from upside down canoers and after drying out, they work like new.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I only use small boxed wood matches, they just seem to go with pipes, for me...
pdmus
[/url][/img]

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I fill my zippo every 10 days or so, and a bic lasts me a good 4-5 months.
I have used bics, but I go through thumbs too fast so I quit using them! I use old boys a lot, but I find that they are quite prone to leaks.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I recently bought an IMCO lighter, and it seems to go a week before needing a refill. Soft side flame, but the adjuster is touchy. Not bad for $11.00.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have two Zippo pipe lighters,hard to beat. Also have four Imco G-77's thanks to friend in Tennessee.Not available locally,he picked them up at a B&M. Find them to be very dependable so far. Refill about once a week. The neatest lighter I have is a Beatie Jet that I picked up in a North Carolina flea market a couple of weeks ago.Uses Zippo fuel and flints. When the lighter is tilted so that the flame will heat that little tube a flame shoots out of the tube for pipe lighting.Check out the date on it.It was still in it's original box.

beatie-jet-lighter-2011-07-27-004-1280x960-600x450.jpg

beatie-jet-lighter-2011-07-27-001-1280x960-150x112.jpg

beatie-jet-lighter-2011-07-27-002-1280x960-150x112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.