PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I want to buy or make a pipe holder for my boat so I can, quickly, stow the pipe when I have a fish on. I have the folding plastic boat seats with the little tool tray on the side. I am thinking of attaching a short piece of maybe 1" PVC pipe to the tool tray but I have to figure out how to notch it or something to keep the pipe upright. Anyone do this already or have any suggestions?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Do you have any of the foam clips that are designed for holding your rods?

If you do, you might consider using one of those.

Just an idea.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
No, I don't, but you've given me another idea. I'll post a pix if it works.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
A good old Downeaster Rod Holder might work. ;)
175824_0_41

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
With unemployment the way it is, could you get someone to stand by to grab the pipe when you get a bite? Golfers have caddies, why shouldn't fishermen have a pipe caddy? :rofl:

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
withnail,

Besides caddy, ghillie (one who carries fishing rods), gun-bearer like in African Safari's or a Sherpa as in trekking and hiking helper.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
On my Pontoon I have 12 rod holders set up. Each one has a eye bolt under it at a slight angle. The reason I put them there is to hold a strap with needlenose attached. I have found that the angle is that it will hold my pipe if need be. Granted I only take cobs on the boat, and have dropped more than a few over, and stepped on more than that.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, cobs will be the way for me too. I like the idea of an eyebolt screwed into the gunwale. Low tech and low price.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Lawrence's idea is the most cost effective and practical, you can put them (foam holders) and they are cheap, even put them down with that stuff they advertise on TV to hold pictures, you know the stretch kind. The old cajun

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My grandfather glued one of those washer shaped magnets to the bottom of him MM cob; helps to have a flat bottomed pipe and a metal boat and/or surface.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
This works for a cob. Not for any thing with a larger stem.
http://www.sears.com/anglers-accessories-fly-rod-holder-magnetic-attaches-to/p-SPM6138647505P

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The peg board clamps that pipe shops use to hold pipes for display might work into a small device.

To develop the subject just a bit, though I think most pipes float (wood briar) they could be difficult

to spot. Wonder if some kind of dayglow tape around the stem could be useful without spoiling the

feel of the pipe. (I doubt most of us would do this, but ... a thought.)

Status
Not open for further replies.