Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abram35

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
There is only one thing that comes remotely close to enjoying a pipe and some fine tobacco. And that's converting someone to smoking a pipe. To date I have converted two people, one a non-smoker, the other a cigar smoker, and both in their early 20's. Does anyone else out there get as much pleasure as I do from bringing new people into the fold?

dirtybearpipes

Might Stick Around
Jul 12, 2012
It's funny that you call it pipe "evangelism" because I work with a ministry called Cru at college, and something we started last year was a thing called "the classy men". And basically it's this growing trend were all of us guys from the ministry meet up on a peninsula in the mississippi, build a fire, and smoke a pipe. Its pretty cool, and more and more guys are getting into it. I love showing new guys the joy of pipe smoking. Pipe smoking makes such a great atmosphere for good conversation too, at "the classy men" we get into deep convos about life and whatever. Pretty awesome!

mrswims

Lurker
Jul 19, 2012
I converted both of my roommates. Both of them had previously smoked cigars and now they have pipes and aren't looking back :D I must say, it is really nice enjoying a smoke with my mates.

drewknick

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
mrswims, have you ever thought that you actually converted one of your roommates, and the other one did it because the other two roommates were doing it? I am in the similar situation and i know one of my roommates started smoking pipes because the other ones did as well.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have one friend who I just converted recently. He and I have been enjoying cigars together for awhile and when I picked my pipes backup I knew it was only a matter of time.
Helped him pick out a nice Savinelli Trevi a few weeks ago. Watching him go through the learning curve but he's getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.