PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Anyone know where to get some of those clips that tobacconist displays often use to mount pipes on? Im currently making a little shelf for my excess of opened jars and would like to mount some of my pipes on the sides of it. Those clippy clips look awesome but im not sure where to get them. The little cabinet door clips at the hardware store seem to not open enough to hold a pipe.

Reactions: RookieGuy80

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
There’s some information here from an old thread I started:

I also contacted BriarWorks (whose display is pictured in Option B) and they said that they haven't been able to get more of the exact clips that they used on that display.

Reactions: nathaniel
G

Gimlet

What about three little dowels fixed into the backboard? Two under the bowl and the third under the stem. If they're the same colour as the background they'll be barely visible.

G

Gimlet

Report back about which clip you try!
Yes please. I have an old oak hall unit which I want to convert into a pipe cabinet. I'd like to have the pipes displayed side-on behind glass, so I'd be interested to know what the OP comes up with.

G

Gimlet

I bought one of these and they work but I don’t find it that attractive.
That's very much along the lines of what I was thinking, but with the three arms replaced with small wooden pegs or metal pins so they're even less visible, and can be adjusted to suit each pipe so they all sit at more or less the same angle. .

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Take a look at copper 2 hole bands from the plumbing supply house, or your local big box store. They screw into anything your screws will bite into. Set it at an angle if you want. They come in stainless steel and plastic as well, but don't look as snazzy as copper in my opinion.

If you're looking for something more utilitarian, in that same section of the hardware store, probably the same aisle, are tube talons. These are a talon or claw shape with a little nail you tap in. They're not super strong, but I would feel confident they'll hold the weight of a good pipe.