Welcome to the Forums @Tigergrad03,

It is difficult making recommendations without knowing your tastes
and budget

Look at threads titled "Pipe Talk"
"Pipes: Show Us Your .....Pipes"
"Pipe Tobacco Discussion:What Are You Smoking"
Also sponsors Smokingpipes, LePipe.it etc

Thousands of pipes to ogle.
Make a short list of the ones that catch your eye.
Then come back to ask for feedback.
That's how I started.

Tigergrad03

Lurker
Jun 6, 2024
Tulsa Oklahoma
I'm mainly into older estate pipes. I just smoked out of a bent 1980 Ben wade Christmas pipe. Anything that's quality and will smoke cool and smooth. I have a Dunhill 519 and it's okay but I really like the Peterson system pipes as well. I'm located in Oklahoma. I really enjoy restoring old pipes and getting into it pretty heavy.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I'm mainly into older estate pipes. I just smoked out of a bent 1980 Ben wade Christmas pipe. Anything that's quality and will smoke cool and smooth. I have a Dunhill 519 and it's okay but I really like the Peterson system pipes as well. I'm located in Oklahoma. I really enjoy restoring old pipes and getting into it pretty heavy.
Welcome to the Old Britwood Fanciers Club 😁

Dave (@Ahi Ka) has a few listed in the "Pipes & Accessories for Sale" section right now.
@Humblepipe sells on eBay.
Contact them directly to see what they have available or will be listing

Tigergrad03

Lurker
Jun 6, 2024
Tulsa Oklahoma
I like those a lot. I have a few of them and they just smoke so well. I'm very impressed with the quality. I have a centennial pipe with the box, pic, and scroll for the system from 1990. It's very cool.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I like those a lot. I have a few of them and they just smoke so well. I'm very impressed with the quality. I have a centennial pipe with the box, pic, and scroll for the system from 1990. It's very cool.
Ok so you have a Castello, a few Pete’s, a Dunhill and a ben wade. Sounds like a nice collection to me. Just keep doing what you’re doing 🤙🏼

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
If you like the Danish stuff (you mentioned Ben Wade), check out Stanwell. And look to Italy for quality, too. Can't go wrong with Savinelli. ;)
As far as carvers go, that's a looooooooooong list that spans the spectrum of price ranges. When you look at the pipe and your lil heart goes pitter patter and you look at the price and won't have to put up the house...[insert Nike trademark mantra here].

Tigergrad03

Lurker
Jun 6, 2024
Tulsa Oklahoma
If you like the Danish stuff (you mentioned Ben Wade), check out Stanwell. And look to Italy for quality, too. Can't go wrong with Savinelli. ;)
As far as carvers go, that's a looooooooooong list.
I do not have a stanwell or any savinellis. I do have 2 Larsens and they are cool smokers. What do y'all think about the older kbb chesterfields, or the older kaywoodies?

Reactions: sablebrush52

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Of the old Britwood marques, you can’t go wrong with Barling, Comoy, Sasieni, GBD, BBB, Loewe, Dunhill, Orlik, Ben Wade (English era), Bewlay and Charatan (I don’t have any from the Lane era. I dislike the double comfort stems, and how they went from classical shapes to upsized hunks of briar)

Of the younger brigade of Britwoods - Ashton, Ferndown, Blakemar.
I don’t have Northern Briar or Millville

I love Stanwells (patent era, Danish made) - great Danish design at “bargain” prices - in comparison with the rarified prices from the “names”
And W.O.Larsen and Pibe Dan

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I do not have a stanwell or any savinellis. I do have 2 Larsens and they are cool smokers. What do y'all think about the older kbb chesterfields, or the older kaywoodies?
Older Kaywoodies have a devoted following, particularly the Pre-War product. The pipes were made using some top grade briar. One thing that some smokers do not like is the feeling that the draw is a little constricted by the stinger.

Tigergrad03

Lurker
Jun 6, 2024
Tulsa Oklahoma
Of the old Britwood marques, you can’t go wrong with Barling, Comoy, Sasieni, GBD, BBB, Loewe, Dunhill, Orlik, Ben Wade (English era), Bewlay and Charatan (I don’t have any from the Lane era. I dislike the double comfort stems, and how they went from classical shapes to upsized hunks of briar)

I love Stanwells (patent era, Danish made) - great Danish design at “bargain” prices - in comparison with the rarified prices from the “names”
Awesome suggestions, I'll start with this and see if they are up my alley. Thanks again.

Reactions: OzPiper

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

I'm primarily a Britwood guy and Oz is speaking my language. Be aware that the competition can be pretty steep for the best and rarest examples. I'm glad I bought when I did because I couldn't afford the pipes I have at today's prices.