PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2024
Good morning, I have a wonderfull pipe collection recieved from my father who has passed sometime ago. Thought I would let his pipes go so others can enjoy them as he did. He was a phenatic about his pipes. only bought the best and would spen his Naval Academey skills by polishing and cleaning them. Anyways I got curiouse and start tracking down the pipes and realized I was right, that they all seeam to be worth something. Dont know exactly what to do. Tried going to a pipe shop, but it seemed they where alittle out of leauge on what I might have. Any thoughts on how I good sell them would be appricieted. I knjow ebay is an option, but this would take a full time job for me to do one at a time.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Most professional buyers or commission sellers only want valuable individual pipes that can be retailed in a short period of time. Cost of cleaning or needed repair should be considered when you are offered about 1/2 of potential sale. Selling as a lot price probably not meet your expectations. E bay sales can be used as a loose guide to get an idea of value. I would recommend small lot sale on this venue, it will require time but result in a higher payout. Good luck.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Not sure if messages work on new members or not but many here can give you an estimated value on one or all with some pics or a list of names and conditions. I do not think it is allowed out in the open so to speak due to sales rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.