Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupa67

Lurker
Feb 28, 2019
A few months ago, I had a terribly unoriginal thought come to me that I’d love to share and see if anyone else has done this and how it’s turned out.
I really like pipes made by Ropp, early ones, and was looking through a site dedicated to them when I chanced across some period advertising. You’ve seen this a million times, one pipe photo or drawing featured larger than the rest, and then the rest of the sub-models of the ‘family line’ . I’m giving serious thought to collecting all of them off this one particular chart. Sort of like baseball cards. Has anyone ever had this kind of higher level fun? What’s your story, if so and how did it work out for you?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You mean like this?
20180903_225500.jpg

kupa67

Lurker
Feb 28, 2019
Uh......yeah. Nice family of Dublin’s? Zulus? Am I close?

Thanks for sharing that Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Technically dublins, but Savinelli and GOD calls that particular design a yachtsman. I actually have more than pictured. :oops:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That sounds awesome! I do really enjoy looking at all those old advertising books. I love seeing those old ads that would have been in magazines and newspapers. Would be fun to track down all the pipes from one of those advertised lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.