PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Oz I think your response got eaten by the internet?
Yes, took so long before I hit the post button that it timed out :)

My favourite cigar bar in Singapore is The Olde Cuban, right in the busy Chinatown precinct.

It is above a restaurant, and was an opium den in an earlier reincarnation ! To access the lift/stairs you have to negotiate tables of restaurant patrons until you almost reach the kitchen. The air-conditioned lounge is a haven from the steamy heat of Singapore outside. There is a large well-stocked walk-in humidor filled with Habanos, Opus Xs and Padrons. Very helpful and attractive staff on hand to guide you through your selection, if needed. The Scotch list has a page devoted to each distillery eg vintage Macallans back to the '40s. If you're feeling peckish or just want a refreshing drink the staff will happily order you a meal or a whole fresh coconut from the restaurant below.

I can't think of a better place to while away a couple of hours in the afternoon while the wife is amusing herself doing what wives love doing best in a shoppers paradise.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Oz I think your response got eaten by the internet?
The last time I had a cigar in a French restaurant was at the Auberge d'Ile in Alscace. Great food and wine list with exemplary service. I felt I had to go the whole hog and finished with a Hoyo de Monterey with a glass of A.E Dor cognac while walking through their garden beside the river. And as a palate cleanser, an apple off one of their trees that literarily fell into my hand while I was admiring it.
Absolutely the pinnacle of my dining experience in France.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Shame we can't have them here, I haven't even seen any on the rez. Canada is a bit restrictive on lifestyles and businesses that enable them. Most of the resorts I've been to in the Caribbean have them.

• Sad
Reactions: JOHN72 and OzPiper

YoungButter

Might Stick Around
Jun 19, 2021
The last time I had a cigar in a French restaurant was at the Auberge d'Ile in Alscace. Great food and wine list with exemplary service. I felt I had to go the whole hog and finished with a Hoyo de Monterey with a glass of A.E Dor cognac while walking through their garden beside the river. And as a palate cleanser, an apple off one of their trees that literarily fell into my hand while I was admiring it.
Absolutely the pinnacle of my dining experience in France.
Dang. Thanks for sharing that memory.

Reactions: OzPiper

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
The nearest cigar bar is 150 miles away from me. There used to be a cigar bar that also served local brewed beers on tap. Great place & ‘only’ 40 miles away. Unfortunately it went out of business.
Those who have access to a good place to enjoy a cigar or pipe out in public are very fortunate.

Reactions: OzPiper