PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rstloup

Lurker
Jan 15, 2023
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find a removable metal rim protector for the bowl? There is an example in this video around 11 minutes. It seems very practical as to prevent rim char:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find a removable metal rim protector for the bowl? There is an example in this video around 11 minutes. It seems very practical as to prevent rim char:
My guess is that it came with the pipe because of the exact fit. I think someone with a machine lathe could easily make one for your pipe(s).

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hello,

You can prevent rim by using a proper lighter or matches and not letting the heat torch the rim.

As for any other solution, that’s a custom figment regardless of the metal used.

Reactions: OzPiper
Aug 11, 2023
You can prevent rim by using a proper lighter or matches and not letting the heat torch the rim.

As for any other solution, that’s a custom figment regardless of the metal used.
Well, I love my Mr. Brog Old Army 21 because of the metal rim and the windscreen. I've been curious about other pipes with the feature

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have seen then come with a pipe but never seen them for sale except one that could be adjusted and was described as a useless piece of sheet. Though from what I have been told it's less about protecting the rim from charring and more about protecting it from damage when tapping out the pipe.