PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
You know ... if room note is all you care about ahmed400, you can always get an air freshener :?:

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@Cosmic "Do my neighbors not realize that their house stinks? We are acclimated to the aromas." To that I'll add; the pig farmers in Iowa are very lucky and happy for that bodily mechanism.
@ahmedD400:

To hit on a couple of points that originated this string. A specific pipe, chamber dimension, wall thickness, material, etc. will make a significant difference in taste and burn. Also not mentioned but has influence in this is the moisture content of the tobacco.
I have some pipes that are great for flake, but not so much for other forms. I have one Peterson that seems to make everything taste good. I have no scientifically collected evidence to support this, except observation, but with some pipes burning cooler, the taste is better, and I'd argue the aroma may also be influenced by the burning "cooking" temp.
As for "the best pipe", that's like being in a gun fight and being asked which gun do you prefer.....the one I'm using at the moment is my favorite. As you collect more pipes you'll assign some to different duties, and a few will be your workhorse favorites. The corn cob is and probably always will be a good, reliable, and low cost (I don't like to say cheap, because while low cost, it has high value) go to pipe. Just about everything tastes great and burns well in them. I mostly use them with codger blends ( SWR, Half and Half, Carter Hall, etc.)
Just my 2 cents worth, not adjusted for inflation, and has no trade value.

Status
Not open for further replies.