PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Gorgeous & congratulations. That stem is sick and the fumed bowl is a nice touch. ☕️
Hell yeah. I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of the fumed bowls. I admit partly because I tend to over fill my pipes and darken my rims, anyway, so the fumed part of the bowl mitigates any potential visual damage.

BROBS

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hell yeah. I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of the fumed bowls. I admit partly because I tend to over fill my pipes and darken my rims, anyway, so the fumed part of the bowl mitigates any potential visual damage.
😂 so it’s you driving these makers !!!!!!

Reactions: Grangerous

Grangerous

Preferred Member
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
That's a beauty! I'm also a fan of the fumed bowls, especially on meers.
I’ve learned that African mined meerschaum isn’t chalky-white like Turkish. Its naturally creamy, tan or brown but shares the same smoking characteristics. It’s also denser than Turkish Meer and feels more like a polished stone. What you see is it’s natural color. I like that it’s not fragile.

Fuming is common on African Meer. African will color, as Turkish, but because of its density, it’ll take two lifetimes!

The African mines in Tanzania closed in 2008 - So African sourced meerschaum, carved in Turkey, is increasingly rare.

The fuming is great! A good smoker. First pipe I can’t harm with my Zippo!

Last edited:

Nomadorb

Preferred Member
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I’ve learned that African mined meerschaum isn’t chalky-white like Turkish. Its naturally creamy, tan or brown but shares the same smoking characteristics. It’s also denser than Turkish Meer and feels more like a polished stone. What you see is it’s natural color. I like that it’s not fragile.

Fuming is common on African Meer. African will color, as Turkish, but because of its density, it’ll take two lifetimes!

The African mines in Tanzania closed in 2008 - So African sourced meerschaum, carved in Turkey, is increasingly rare.

The fuming is great! A good smoker. First pipe I can’t harm with my Zippo!
Wow! Thanks for all the information, I may have to add one to the collection. I love that naturally creamy color.

Reactions: Grangerous

Drucquers Banner