PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
it does fit them all good. i know in the photo i didn't push it in all the way. my bad.. sorry for the giant photo i need to figure that out.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Some of us appreciate the taste of bacon.
Yeah with or without lipstick!
Here is mine...

IMG00175-1.jpg

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
@ cortezattic,
Must say, I don't get the taste of pinewood or corn just pure tobacco flavour, better than some of my briars in fact, maybe is psychosomatic? i.e. your smoking a cheap pipe so you think the quality will be worse than an expensive one.
As for the hillbilly image, well if one of the US's greatest writers used them it'll be good enough for me.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I've not noticed any of the poor smoking qualities mentioned above.
aw2tdd.jpg

nybcpf.jpg

Also, in case any pipe-makers out there are toying with the idea of using ForeverStems on their pipes...

Hi Stephen,
Thank you for your email. The dimensions of the tenon on the Filtered style 'Forever' stems are 11/32" (Diameter) by 1/2" (Length). That is the size of the standard tenon on MM pipes.
I hope that helps. If you need any more information, please let me know.
Thanks again for your note.
Regards,
Dave

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
echopipe, what color is that stem? Tortoise? Red tortoise?
And JC, what is yours?

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I finally orderd mine. They shipped it quick and I had it within the week.the stem is very comfortable and smokes 'oh so cool'.I'm very pleased with my purchase

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Never too late, I know where my next order are coming from.

But can some ome advise us what type of paint shall we apply tp color the pipe (food coloring, wood paint...etc) I want to paint it in black or dark brown.

Thanks in advance

Wasim

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Welcome Walker bros.

All I can say is Dave Wolff is a great guy and has a first class company with out a doubt.

Good job gettiing them Kevin

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Lawrence.... I kinda disagree with what some have said.... as a cob does need breaking in. I've

read that Samual Clemens actually hired three different people to break-in cobs for him because

he burned them through so fast. The current Missouri Meerschaums are made with plaster-of-parris

and varnish, and the varnish needs to be burned off. I hate the taste of a new pipe the first

smoke or two, but once it's gone, it's great.

Order 3 or 4 "Generals", only $10 bucks a piece or so.... Great pipes!
By the way... I have several Forever Stems and Love them!!!!
TopD

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I really like my "Forever" stems! And customer service is tops: For reasons unknown, my two M-M cobs' shanks were "undersize"... IOW, the new stems would not fit in them. I wrote Dave Wolff and I sent the pipes to him and he fit them with the Forever stems and returned them, at no charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.