PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I am not really attracted to freehands but I like yours. Also a 1st pipe....WOW. My 1st 10 pipes were all turds. I would give up and move on when I realised nothing could be done for em. You followed the grain well. I am not really one to offer a critique as I am learning myself but great 1st effort.

Jan 8, 2013
Wow! :) Haha... I thought this thread was dead by now, and lo and behold some of you are still posting. Thanks everyone. I really mean that. You've got me wanting to start on another pipe. Well, I'm about 3/4 of the way through its maiden smoke right now, and I'm quite pleased. I received the tools for this pipe for christmas along with some Lane BCA so it only made sense that the first bowl be that blend.

rthbaum

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2012
Very nice. Would never know that was your first pipe. Can't wait to see number two.

K

klause

That is a beautiful pipe - and an amazing piece of work for a first pipe.
Thoroughly enjoyed following your progress - great write ups, Anthony.
I hope you treasure and enjoy that beauty for many, many years to come.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Looks amazing! I know we'd been waiting for a bit to see the final product, and I'm sure you're more pleased than we are, amazing job!! Enjoy it!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an advanced pipe for a first one, or a twentieth. It looks like you have some kind of woodworking or carving experience, but it matters not. It's a real talent. I hope your Rhody is coming along, and I'll look forward to seeing that one. How did you rough out the shape? Did you start with a saw or Dremel or just a carving kit or pocket knife? What a kick to pack the pipe you carved!

Jan 8, 2013
MS0... I have no woodworking experience. I used all hand tools... wood rasps and files. No electricity was harmed in the making of this pipe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.