PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, to pipes. One premium cigar costs about the same as a tin of premium pipe tobacco that gives you about twenty smokes. Plus, with a pipe you can tune your own mixes of blends and condiments for even greater variety. And intermittent smoking has always worked fine for me, even over a day or two, if I'm distracted and busy. I like the occasional cigar, but a pipe is my way to go.

What happened with the Savinelli? I've have quite a few and durability has never been a problem. That must have been the rare lemon. Even Rossi, their less expensive sub-brand, have given sturdy service.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Howdy,
Been a fan of the occasional cigar, but sometimes you don't have the time to commit. Love the fact I can set up a pipe, have a little relaxation, and if I get interrupted, it doesn't feel like I'm wasting an expensive cigar. Plus, I'm learning there's just a different experience and flavors to explore with the pipe. So far, I'm enjoying it.

A long time ago, I bought an inexpensive pipe recommended by the tobacco shop owner I frequented. Never got into it too much, and then the pipe got lost. Just decided to try it again. Enjoying it more now, but kind of bummed out with the Savinelli I bought, since it broke after 6 or 7 smokes.
wait that is the pipe with that silly two part stem. The contraption that I literally can't see what the reason for it would be. By the way pipes are great.

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
Welcome from Chicago! Pipes all the way. Although it could be called a lighter smoke than a cigar, there's the art of smoking a pipe that I enjoy as much as the taste of the tobacco. A friend of mine said "why don't you just smoke a cigar it's easier" and that's exactly why I don't smoke a cigar ;).