Dr Grabow Starfire for $8.99
Will is last longer than a corn cob????

It look nice at least.
DrG.jpg

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
Never smoked a Dr. G before and don't know much about it. Just liked the look and the price was right. Might be a good pipe to keep in the car?

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
It's surprising that Dr Grabow and some of the other 'drug store' pipe makers are still making. I take a gander at them once in a while and see some real nice looking pipes there on the wall. I always wonder at how they would smoke. "What is the 'Yellow Bowl' all about?"

That is a real nice looking pipe bronxbrier, I hope it smokes well... Enjoy!

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Awesome score! I used to collect the Spifires and they were all decent little pipes. Only sold them to fund my obsession with Sav's and Petes :)

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a Dr. Grabow Viscount author that I bought in the 80's, and it smokes like a champ. I have a Starfire pickaxe that I use for flakes, and a recently purchased Royalton bent bulldog that I dedicated for Virginia tobaccos. Dr. G makes a serviceable pipe, and I like the ones I have, but I have noticed in recent years they tend to be smallish for me. But you should enjoy many, many years of enjoyment from it. I do recommend pulling the stinger out and losing it though, lol.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have the same pipe but not rusticated. It is quite old an I picked it up on E-bay, unsmoked. I like it but find the bowl too small. I removed the stinger and it smokes quite well.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hope you enjoy the Dr. Grabow!

Always hear good things about them so I hope you enjoy it just as much as everyone else seems to.

The general consensus seems to be that they are very good pipes for the amount they cost.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I like the look of that pipe and there is no reason why it shouldn't smoke just fine.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Amendment to My Earlier Post: Had a time looking through my old pipes this morning, and I do have a Dr Grabow! One of the pipes I've smoked off and on since '72, but it's a Dr G (I had no idea... just didn't realize).

"Mustomic Pat. 2401005"
IMG_1605-1-1.jpg

IMG_1603-1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.