PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I bought 12 estates tonight. There were 4 Dr. Grabow's included, I thought the Emperor and the Westbrook were cool. After researching them, I find that the Westbrook is indeed a good one and the Emperor even better. The other 2 are Dr. Grabow Belvedere's, I don't know much about them yet.
Dr.Grabow Westbrook and Emperor

004-3.jpg

Dr.Grabow Belvedere
003-2.jpg

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Will do mate, the best is yet to come. But I am curious if the Grabows are worth anything. The Grabow site says the Westbrooks are "sought after" and the Emperor is the "best you can get" (in the Grabow line). If anyone knows anything about them, I would appreciate any input.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Nice grab! You could always pm ejames; I believe he is on the grabow collector forum. If not sorry for the mixup.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
All of those Grabows where made for the RJ Reynolds tobacco promotions. Although they came out of Sparta you could only get them buy sending in the coupons from RJR tobacco and a few dollars.None of them could be bought in a store. The Westbrook was the most popular and is probably still the most popular line among Grabow freaks. Grade wise it ranked 2nd in RJR pipes.The triangular shanked models are kinda-sorta rare. The Belvederes were a cheaper line,about the same as a Silver Duke or Regal and are not as common as some of the other RJR pipes. They were only made from about 1957 to 1967 IIRC. The Emperor was the top of the line from RJR and In my opinion is the "highest" grade of pipe Grabow ever made,better even than the early Eldorados.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Appreciate the info all, thank you ejames, that is about what I managed to find out as well. I think the Westbrook and the Emperor are keepers for sure, Positive the Emperor is anyway. The Grabow site did say that the Emperor was the top. It is nice to find kinda rare old keepers. The shank on this Westwood is triangular.

Status
Not open for further replies.