PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Thanks for posting this. It lets us see there is a balance in our world (each closed door leads to a new open door)

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm so glad to see his generosity went to a well deserving person who will truly enjoy all those goodies. I tried so hard to make the trip up the day he gave this away and seeing this really lets me know it all went to someone who would give such a great collection a good home.
I've been fortunate enough to experience the generosity of fellow pipe smokers on a few occasions. It's an awesome thing to know that pipe smokers are a rare breed of special and generous people. I try to return the favor every chance I get :)

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Wow. I am astonished. Congrats on the massive windfall, and all the best to you and your benefactor. On a side note, if you find any tobaccos you don't care for, I'm sure the great folks here would be thrilled to work a trade or transaction. Congrats again!

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
mother-of-god-super-troopers-jpg.4207

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I need to send an awesome CARE package to a guy on here that Secret Santa'd me twice and don't have $5 for the damn postage, but it will happen. Will keep some pipes unsmoked for him too (I know what he does for a living and he's not rich). I'll post when I send it and try to get a pic.
@sandoval: Sorry bro :(

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
I'm glad for ya bro.Just hope the guy quit not for serious reasons.Judging the pix it really looked like he knew his tobaccos.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
It goes to both Karma and the nature of pipe smokers in general. Like in all things you find some bad apples but I'd put our brotherhood up against any group in kindness, respect and generosity. It's not just a material thing but one of true passion and the need to pass on years of experience to new members joining the circle. Finding this forum over a year ago has been a great experience. Lighting a bowl reading through the threads is like having friends over and sharing what's going on in their lives.
Craig

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Nailed it Craig. I'm still in shock. Ever had a complete stranger basically give you a car? I have. Get well dude, whoever you are. And thank you.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
And thank you for posting this. This was an act that truly deserved public recognition.
Happy for you. Just really happy for you!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks pups. Guy's handle was sjb3 by the way, but he won't be posting here now. I'm assuming his first name starts with s. 27 years old, graduated from college last year. We hung out in the Best Buy parking lot for half an hour waiting for anyone else to show. Being 27, I don't think he quit texting the whole damn time! As no one else was showing up, he kept smiling and saying, 'Well that's just more for you'. Then he finally said ok, and we crammed all the presents in my tiny little Miata (it took some work).
I didn't get to see what he had given me until I got back to the house. Still freaking out. It's not supposed to go down like that. You could tell he cared about his cellar, with all the containers hand labeled, in really neat handwriting. Unbelievable. Thanks guy. Get well.

Status
Not open for further replies.