PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I posted about this earlier, but I just got a pic. Guy on the forum said he had to quit smoking, and if you showed up he'd give you his baccy and sell his pipes for $5-25. I was the only one that showed up. He GAVE me the entire lot. All jarred, all the pipes were unsmoked. I have a genetic condition and can't work, so I couldn't even pay the poor guy for the pipes. Not supposed to go down like this. Here's the awesome pic:
IMG_2196_zps18b6e531.jpg

Now in the pic, my bro has already taken about a third of it, and there is baccy in the other room not in the pic, so he gave me more than this. I figure maybe $3,000 in pipes and 70 pounds of tobacco (hard to tell). As you can imagine, I'm freaked out. My previous cellar was half a tin. Good baccy too - Luxury Navy Flake, Twist Flake, Bullseye Flake, MacBaren Old Dark Fired, Dunhill Flake, etc etc etc. I love the Nording Horn. Savinellis, Petersons etc. Un fucking real. Sorry for my language, but I believe this is the time to say un fucking real.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm soooo happy for your good fortune! :clap:

Now that's good karma in action -- which I hope inures to your benefactor too! (I'm sure it will.)

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I really hope the guy doesn't have something too serious. Look at how intelligent he was about it though, put his money into the tobacco and containers, bought a bunch of cobs and some sensible pipes, Grabows, Peterson, Savinelli. The Nording Horn is my favourite though. Smoking some 965 and Nightcap (he mixed them) in my Comoy's Silver Shadow Billiard right now. Just wow. Don't have words for this. Get well dude. Don't even know his name.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@woodsroad: My bro took seven pipes (a Peterson Dracula and others) and maybe seven big jars of baccy. He also included 500 pipe cleaners, three lighters, leather cases for them, matches, more cobs, a bunch of stems, and in the other room is a bunch of Cornell & Diehl and a big metal box of Lane's varieties and a lot of OTC pouches like Borkum Riff, Five Brothers and others. I had half a tin when I met him. Not one pipe had been smoked.
I love all the flakes, and get to try blends I've always wanted to like Frog Morton and Maltese Falcon. I have tons of all the Lane's. Five tins, Sutliff blends and Grey Havens. I figure I'm set for ten years. I had half a tin.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Don't have words for this. Get well dude. Don't even know his name.
Poor guy - that must suck big time. But one man's loss is another's gain - and boy did you gain - Congrats on your good fortune!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Think of that generous man every time you fire up a bowl. That way the good Karma will continue to flow. Great acquisition and enjoy!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@settersbrace: I've been thinking of that generous man for the last three weeks straight. I keep having to go in the kitchen to look at it. Get well, random stranger dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.