PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm not thrilled with ANY of the photos I took today, so any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
First is a Chris Askwith Belge. The only thing I don't like about forward-canted pipes is that you can't see the bowl when you're lighting. But it's a nice, subtle blast.

AskwithBelge06-1.jpg

A Stephen Downie Cherrywood. Again, "cherrywood" is the name of the shape, not the material. I may have shown pictures of this one before, but those photos were taken by Stephen.

DownieCherrywood13-1.jpg

This Perry White Dublin is unique in that, though it has a flat bottom, it does NOT sit. But it's a great blast. What do you think of the background? I can't decide if it's neat or just distracting.

PerryWhiteDublin03-1.jpg

Finally, this Spanu Billiard.

SpanuDublin05-1.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If you want awesome pictures you'll need awesome lights.
Super white lights to get rid of all shadow and give you crisp clean detail.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
You need to learn how to set the "white balance" on your camera. You'll be amazed at the results.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
AskwithBelge06-1a.jpg

You need to adjust the levels of your pictures using a photo editor, also I applied an Unsharp mask which heightens the contrast. This does not look great because I was working with a diminished JPG, instead of the full file, but you could do a lot just learning how to edit. What camera are you using, and do you have any strobes?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
hnrycly, I'm using a Nikon P500. No strobes other than a built in flash. I'm not a fan of using a photo editor too much, probably because I don't use them all that well. I'll start playing with them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.