PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I think the shape is reminiscent of a skate blade. Very Canadian.

Unable to buy a new Brigham when they were still made in Canada, I decided to get a Trypis as a substitute. SP has had a string of unsmoked Trypis pipes coming in every week, so it’s been fun to sift through them every week. Have this one on the way.
3DFB14BB-67EC-4AAD-9099-1DF0F0C58C9F.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've come near buying a Trypis on several occasions. Back when I trusted the nation-of-origin stamps, I wanted a Canadian made pipe. A Forums member seemed to have several new ones to sell every week or two. I still like them, but with over ninety pipes, I don't feel impelled. I liked Trypis' down-to-earth rusticated finishes and almost folksy interpretation of shapes. That skater is a beauty -- yes, I can see the skate blade in that bowl. I did notice the SP estate offerings of unsmoked Trypis pipes. As always, the prices are pleasingly moderate. It's nice for find a handmade pipe that doesn't have a price like a Monet painting.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Oh God Max Headrom I love how they lied and said he was computer generated and not an actor. Seriously and he started as a character in a dystopian the future is scary story and then did scarier things in the name of commerce. I love that the Mac Tonight guy is basically doing a cover of a song about a serial killer. Almost like the only reason they started staying open later was to kill more people with salt and cholesterol. (sure the money is great, but my real passion is slowly killing people with junk food).

• Haha
Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
This is the newest addition to my collection, an unsmoked rusticated skater by the Canadian pipe maker, Phillip Trypis. I just started breaking it in today. I can already tell it's going to be a favorite.

View attachment 38368
I like the rustication style on his pipes. I was kind of tempted by the one @Casual bought so I'm glad it's going to a good home. I don't know what they went for new, but they seem to be an excellent value on the estate market.