PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I would really like smokingpipes.com to add to their pipe locator the ability to filter by inner bowl diameter as well as inner bowl depth.
Please post here if you support this modification and hopefully someone from smokingpipes.com will choose to implement this.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I also agree with this. I primarily smoke English blends so I'm always looking for the inner bowl diameter to be around .7 to .75.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
I agree this would be highly useful for those us who get excited at wider pipes.
Or at narrower pipes. I'm always looking for narrower bowls for my Virginia flakes. This is a petition I can get behind.
I'd also like to see the Tobacco Finder offer the option of searching by types of Virginia (bright, red, stoved), although this might be a bit more complicated since blenders don't always reveal that information and different people reach different conclusions based on taste alone. I do know that many pipe smokers specifically seek out and/or avoid certain types of Virginias, though.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Hey guys,
chamber diameter and depth are already totally on the list. We have some other projects that have to take precedence (we're still working out some edge-case bugs with the redesign), but we will get to this before too terribly long. I promise.
As for:

I'd also like to see the Tobacco Finder offer the option of searching by types of Virginia (bright, red, stoved), although this might be a bit more complicated since blenders don't always reveal that information and different people reach different conclusions based on taste alone.
Yep, you nailed the problem. Also, bright and red are sort of malleable buckets (and are more points on a spectrum than distinct groups), so depending on the manufacturer, they might think about it in different ways.
We've talked about other changes to the tobacco locator and blend contents information, but we've yet to come up with anything that we could do consistently across brands and manufacturers that we have enough information to do properly.
Sykes

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'd prefer it done by measurement as well.
Sykes, glad to see these changes are planned at least.
Looking forward to seeing them in effect.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
Im glad you brought this up fitzy. I've been suggesting this myself for quite a while. I'm very glad to see the Sykes has it on his list and promptly replied to this thread. To me it speaks volumes of how great SP really is. Thanks Mr. Wilford.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I'd like the ability to exclude brands from the pipe locator. For example I'd like to be able to search for Author shapes that aren't Savinelli. Nothing against Savinelli I have several just look to diversify manufacturers.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A good place to start is the NewEgg search engine. I believe it allows you to specify the negative on any option, and multiple options.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
As an aside, I might add that my former complaints so readily posted before about the site's rework are no longer valid as all have now been addressed. Kudos.

sjfine

Mar 4, 2012
As an aside, I might add that my former complaints so readily posted before about the site's rework are no longer valid as all have now been addressed. Kudos.
In lieu of starting another thread, I would like to add that the current site is a vast improvement over the initial rollout, and quite visit-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.