PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rockynrobyn

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
I saw a Peterson Kapries for sale the other day. It has a silver military mount but the Peterson’s logo was upside down. I looked up Kapries and some of them have the logo the right way and some are upside down. Same with the Evening series, some of the logos on the silver mount are upside down and the odd one I see had it right side up. Does anyone know why they do this?

Reactions: PaulRVA and yanoJL

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I saw a Peterson Kapries for sale the other day. It has a silver military mount but the Peterson’s logo was upside down. I looked up Kapries and some of them have the logo the right way and some are upside down. Same with the Evening series, some of the logos on the silver mount are upside down and the odd one I see had it right side up. Does anyone know why they do this?

Drinking, your answer is drinking during lunch

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Absent photos, and assuming the P is on the top of the stem, and given the series in question (both of which were discontinued by mid-2018), I'm chalking this up to a brief period--a couple of years around 2016--where Conor Palmer thought the P should be on top of the stem and upright if the pipe is in the pipe smoker's mouth.

Since this was contrary to historical practice, implementation was kind of inconsistent in the factory. It was only for a couple of years and had mostly died out when Laudisi bought the company in 2018.

This was also true of the silver marks orientation, so I imagine the Deluxe System above was made sometime around 2016, give or take a couple of years. On the other hand, the silver marks are much, much more difficult to execute: that could just be an uncaught mistake if it's significantly newer or significantly older than 2016.

Sykes

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
They tried and tried and tried to tell Seamus that carving pipes whilst laying under the workbench with the mother of all hangovers on Monday wasn’t working out, but do you think he listened? Noooo, he did not. Dammit, Seamus, that is NOT a reverse calabash system pipe, you’ve put the feckin tenon in the bowl again instead of the mortise! How many times do we have to tell you?!?! Lord help me get through until Tuesday! Mother Mary’s Guinness flavored breath mints. 😑🤦‍♂️