PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
University Flake is one of my favorite tobaccos and I smoke a fair amount of it. Keep in mind that taste is subjective so what I detect may not be how you perceive it. To me, the tin note has a note of blueberry or plum. This berry taste continues throughout the bowl, but never overpowers or sublimates the natural tobacco taste. I find UF a decently strong smoke, not super strong but satisfying to me. I enjoy the berry taste and the room note it provides. It burns evenly for me with only an average number of relights. All in all, a flake tobacco that I enjoy a great deal.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I just cannot attribute the sweetness to what he's referring to.... 😅
It may depend on how developed one's palate is in perceiving these flavors. One of the reasons I enjoy UF is that I do get a slight sweetness throughout the smoke. I too attribute it to the Virginia contained in the blend. Again, how we perceive tastes is subjective.

Reactions: seanv

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
Anyone else getting raisin from it? If so, might have to give it a try. Been looking for a tobacco with those notes.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Two posts in and nobody picks up on what OP apparently posted this for in the first place so can't wait to point it out - guess we can discuss this at recess and whether Mrs. Weatherford's skirt was showing while she read another chapter of our story at nap time.