PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I was going to say that I think it’s just the Barley line but it’s the same on the terracotta line:

It seems like some lines are getting the skinny spigot exclusively (barley, terracotta) while others are staying the same:

I agree that it looks odd on such a beefy shape. I think it works for shapes like the 127, 701, 65, etc. but doesn’t match the 80s or the other beefy shapes:

IMG_9569.jpeg
IMG_9568.jpeg

I have a Ferndown spigot that is also front heavy. I really like the look. To me, with a collection of spigots that I've bought and some I've made, if the stem were beefy, it would look weird to my eye. The stems are reinforced with silver, so there's no need to have a heavy looking stem.

All of those bulldog spigots in the OP's post look perfect to me. I guess it's a matter of aesthetics. To m e they look great, but to someone who is attracted to Peterson's fat leg look, they don't. Ehhh,. maybe this line of pipes is designed to bring folks like me to their table. If you don't like them, don't buy them. I already have two of their spigots.... and keep in mind that I am repulsed by the fatter stockier looking Petes, and would never own one of them. So... at least they make something that attracts the rest of us.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke, right?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
So apparently Peterson spigots are now sporting a newly sized/ very small stem. I'll keep this one but I'm not very happy about it. I don't think I'll be buying any more of them. It just looks funny to me. What say you?
View attachment 291799
View attachment 291800
View attachment 291801
View attachment 291802View attachment 291803
I was going to say that I think it’s just the Barley line but it’s the same on the terracotta line:

It seems like some lines are getting the skinny spigot exclusively (barley, terracotta) while others are staying the same:

I agree that it looks odd on such a beefy shape. I think it works for shapes like the 127, 701, 65, etc. but doesn’t match the 80s or the other beefy shapes:

View attachment 291811
View attachment 291812
Could the difference be that the fat ones are all acrylic and perhaps older model vulcanite, while the thin ones are all new vulcanite?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

View attachment 291811
View attachment 291812
You're right. That's not good design. It looks like a thalidomide pipe.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Doesn't look balanced.... Almost as if someone put two extra pieces together that were just laying around....:confused:

Reactions: Ebarber