PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Here's another new to me Pete. It's a Diamond Shank Sandblasted Bulldog. I just finished its inaugural smoke of G&H Sweet Whiskey Rope. The pipe performed flawlessly. I'm sorry some of you folks are experiencing duds. Here are the pics.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Hey Ash. Can you expand on the “duds”?
I’m really wanting one of the Sherlock Holmes.
Oh and congrats on a gorgeous pipe. That’s the first sandblasted SH I’ve seen. Beautiful.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Panhandler, the "duds" are evidently from poor drilling and tenon length, which evidently makes them gurgle. I'm either the luckiest sumbitch or ignorant to the ways of pipe smoking. The only pipe I've ever had gurgle was a, well shit, nothing I can pinpoint. I smoke tobacco dry and I don't freight train. So I don't know. I have empathy, because nobody wants a POS for a pipe.
I can tell you this. I've had pipes that don't fit my smoking style and I've either sold them or gifted them and the recipient has either magically turned the pipe into a champ or they hate me so much they can't speak my name. Either way, I'll never know.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Thanks for the info Ash. Sounds kinda like crapshoot then. I’ve experienced gurgling before but it was purely due to my newb technique. Will keep looking then with fingers and toes crossed!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Congrats Ash, you've been on a roll with Petersons lately and good choices all. As I said long ago, I've never had a bad Pete.

Jan 8, 2013
Ash, your buying up all my Petes, man. Cease and desist, please. Save some for the rest of us who also have had only good experiences with Peterson pipes :mrgreen: Congrats, and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Sweet pipe! Somewhat against my better judgement I just picked up another Peterson, but I had it thoroughly inspected before shipping, it is supposedly flawlessly constructed. It just left the UK yesterday, I’ll post pics when it arrives...
Also, I like the diamond shank! Never seen one before it looks really good on that pipe.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I've had several duds (I won't name names), but never with a Pete. All mine smoke like, well, like a Peterson. Sweet, no loud noises, great feel in the hand. Congrats on your new Pete, Ash. It's a beauty.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I only have one Peterson, it's a Killarny bulldog. Smokes great, but the stem is so ridiculously tight I'm afraid I'm going to snap it off. I've had to put it in the freezer to take it apart every time so far.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
What a beautiful Bulldog. I'm jealous. I have a lot of pipes and quite a few good ones, but the best smoking pipes I own are Peterson System P-lips. They never disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.