PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Architeuthis

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Get yourself some G&H Dark Birdseye. It doesn't taste anything like Royal Yacht, but it is a rich, strong smoke.

• Love
Reactions: FLDRD

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
NOVA
1792 has a unique, strong flavoring, but it's about the same in strength as Royal Yacht. If you are looking to get wrecked, try a rope. They come with various toppings you might enjoy.
Have never heard this comparison! 1792 always seemed like a cut above on nic levels.

Is RY really that strong?

cersono

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Vallis Lacrimarum
If I was in search for a Royal Yacht substitute I'd choose University Flake. RY & UF aren't the same by any mean but they share some important common features, like strength level and plum flavouring.

GH&Co Kendal No7 shag may be even closer substitute because of its cut, but it lacks any sweet flavouring which puts it lower in the substitutions list.

I'm a bit surprised to see Royal Yacht being deemed by many here as a very strong blend, on par with Irish Flake or 1792. Never noticed anything special about its strength. A healthy dose of Nicotine, yes, but no more than that. I put RY into the Medium-High, not Strong category.