PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I recently had occasion to exchange e-mails with Glen at Peterson of Dublin. In that process he became aware that I collect XL 21s. Several days later he sent me an e-mail offering me this Rusticated Spigot in black. According to Glen it's the only one like it he has ever seen. Now who could pass on that? To make it even sweeter it was available at half price.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Wow, this is special on many levels - bent stem, full black on a rusticated pipe, even the rustication looks much different than you normally see on a Pete. I spend a LOT of time looking at Peterson pipes, and I know I have not seen an XL21 configured like this before. This pipe just screams one-off, very nice addition.
I would love to see the nomenclature on the pipe - please post photos when received!

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Quite a looker! Neat you can see the shape of the tool they used to rusticate her...

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The XL 21 is a shape I don't recall seeing before it became part of the Return of Sherlock Holmes Series (Hudson). Since then it has showed in the Ashford, Kapries, Rock of Cashel and the Kapp-Royal lines as an Army Mount pipe. The only other Spigot Mount XL 21 I'm aware of was the Feb. 2015 Craftsman Series Pipe and those were produced in very limited numbers. Peterson of Dublin is the epicenter of the Peterson world. If they haven't seen another one it probably doesn't exist but even if there are more, there's damn few. The "Pipe Gods" smiled on me this week!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Nice pipe & nice to hear a touch of personal service from a big firm like petersons. Not to mention 50% discount. The luck of the Irish has touched Gloucester by the looks of it!

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I would have to agree. On occasion Peterson has an issue with a pipe but I've always found them very willing to make it right. What really sets them apart is they go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. They value a good customer and make an effort to take care of them. Glen didn't have bother to contact me but he did and that says it all. And since my ancestry hails from County Cork I like to think there might be just a bit of Irish luck I've inherited.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
What a great pipe Gloucesterman! A rarity/one-off I'd say!! Congrats!! :clap:

BTW, I was just re-reading Longfellow's Wreck of the Hesperus and was reminded of Norman's Woe..... Are you close to there? I've never been to Massachuettsetts, see there, I can't even spell it............ :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.