PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
RCStan, Thank you again for your help, I feel better. whew!! I will glue it myself when I get home.

Thanks for the comment about the system well, I try to keep my pipes clean! I usually let them sit with a extra fluffy cleaner in them for a day after smoking to draw out as much moisture and oil as I can..
And thanks again to everyone else!! I'm really pleased to be part of this great community!!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
You're quite welcome. Glad we could be of assistance. Petersons can be addictive. Now you will need a companion to the 313, maybe a 314 or a 303, to compare the mount fit .... they're also slightly larger :mrgreen: . That's what we kindly refer to as PAD in these parts ....

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
If you want to repair it once use epoxy not "super glue"/CA glue, it's brittle when cured, if the bond is flexed/stressed it will pop loose again, epoxy on the other hand has some elasticity after curing and would give a much stronger bond., rough up the wood and inside of the cap with some 100/120 grit sandpaper then wipe both clean, apply enough (and not too much) epoxy for a good bond just inside the lip of the cap press it on and let dry overnight, that should be the last time that cap comes off.

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
I've got a Peterson pipe with a silver band "lost" somewhere down the road. Is there a possibility to replace it?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've got a Peterson pipe with a silver band "lost" somewhere down the road. Is there a possibility to replace it?
I know Peterson will put on a new stem, bet they would do a replacement silver band as well. Email them thru their website, they are usually pretty responsive.

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
Thanks! That's what I did. The price (for a NICKEL band however) is around EUR30 shipping included so I'll definitely consider this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.