PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Hello

another question where I did at least attempt to use the search feature here! and didn’t see anything pertinent, unless it was deeply buried in a thread…
anyways was hoping someone could enlighten me quickly.
I have two Peterson pipes, an estate 2020 x mas xl90, and a new 2022 Xmas 230. The 2022 pipe has all normal markings, but made in Ireland as well. The 2020 pipe does not have the made in Ireland.
any reason for this?
from what I read they obviously fall well within and very close to one another in the modern, 1990-present Palmer era

Reactions: kcghost

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Hello

another question where I did at least attempt to use the search feature here! and didn’t see anything pertinent, unless it was deeply buried in a thread…
anyways was hoping someone could enlighten me quickly.
I have two Peterson pipes, an estate 2020 x mas xl90, and a new 2022 Xmas 230. The 2022 pipe has all normal markings, but made in Ireland as well. The 2020 pipe does not have the made in Ireland.
any reason for this?
from what I read they obviously fall well within and very close to one another in the modern, 1990-present Palmer era
Doesn't look like they chose to include that in the stamping for the 2020 Christmas pipe. I'll have to look later, but I don't think it's on the 2018, either - maybe because of the rustication they wanted to limit the space for the stampings, maybe they were made in Vermont. :)

Reactions: Seeleybc1

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Doesn't look like they chose to include that in the stamping for the 2020 Christmas pipe. I'll have to look later, but I don't think it's on the 2018, either - maybe because of the rustication they wanted to limit the space for the stampings, maybe they were made in Vermont. :)
Yes it’s interesting. The 230 is smaller and all the stampings are crammed in the rectangle of smooth briar, where the xl90 has plenty of space, I mean plenty, and the stamp is omitted.

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Ok,

Well Peterson emailed me back very promptly, and said “The reason is that the "Made in Ireland" stamp was brought back in 2021.”

Re reading the tail end of the article that was provided above in the link, it actually does say this, although, to me at least, the way it was phrased is a bit confusing. (I was taking it as differentiating between two stamps).
But anyhow, point is, 2018-present is Laudisi. And of those years 2021-present the “made in Ireland” stamp .

Interesting stuff

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus