PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsongruber

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2015
Caracas, Venezuela
Hello everyone, been a while since my last post.
My PAD got a little controlled through the whole year, I haven't bought a pipe in 2016! But that's about to change, I'm about to pull the trigger on a Peterson Kapet 999 bent rhodesian for about $25 in really good shape. Does' anybody own one of these pipes? Are they good smokers?
Here a couple of pics
Peterson_zpszto2d6mn.jpg

peterson2_zpszqqasxjv.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
While I don't have a Kapet, I have several of the blasted counterpart, the Kapruff. Mine are all pre-Republic and smoke great. Your shape looks pre-Republic as well - do you have a shot of the other side showing the COM? The pipe looks in very good condition, an easy restoration.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
I own an old London made Peterson Kapet 999 and it is a fantastic smoker. Can't go wrong with an old 999 in my opinion…especially at that price!

nelsongruber

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2015
Caracas, Venezuela
Yes, I love the shape of it and I this would be my first Pete, I'll think I'll be making the buy tomorrow... Here are a coupl of more pics, more to come when I have it.
image_zps6k1tjqes.jpeg

image_zps5yecoolq.jpeg

image_zpsy9kgl2mx.jpeg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sweet pipe at a great price. The P-lip feels awkward in the mouth at first but you get use to it rather quickly.
Grab it while you can!

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Not a pre-republic but must be shortly after. Wait for SSJones to chime in but the chubby 999 switched to the XL999 for a short while and then transitioned into the smaller 999's of today. Need some Peterson history buffs to help out. Either way...this is a great find and buy!!! Congrats and enjoy.

nelsongruber

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2015
Caracas, Venezuela
That has the chubby shank like the pre-Republic pipes, I bet it was from the early to late 50's, before the shape evolved.
That´s pretty cool info to know about my new pipe, thank's a lot ssjones!
It's my first Pete. I'm still in the process of the salt treatment and cleaning, I'll be smoking it this weekend with some tobacco I bought recently, coincidentally some Peterson Conoisseur's Choice and some Peterson Sunset Breeze.
Have a nice weekend everybody, happy smoking!

pyratemate

Lurker
Feb 6, 2013
Nice pipe matey! I have an Irish Seconds marked pipe similar that is not as old but smokes very well! Good Luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.