PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
irish harp.jpg

I've been enamored with this one since I saw it in the November/December P&C catalog spread. Naturally, it's out of stock indefinitely, on P&C and everywhere else too. Ugh...

As I do believe I am grappling with my very first bout of PAD (only took 5+ years!), this is more of a cathartic "community outreach" post than anything else.

Anyone else have their eye caught by this beaut?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
That's a sandblast, not rusticated. I can't say I've laid eyes on this particular pipe before but I do like the Peterson 80s shape a lot. If it comes back in stock, you might want to note that for factory pipes like Peterson, P&C, TP and CoJ all do not post pictures of the actual pipe but use stock pictures. What you see will not be what you get.

PS: your stock picture came from the Peterson website, Peterson Pipes: Irish Harp Sandblasted (80s) Fishtail - https://www.peterson.ie/pipes/premium/irish-harp-sandblasted/moreinfo.cfm?pd_product_Id=3587

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
That's a sandblast, not rusticated. I can't say I've laid eyes on this particular pipe before but I do like the Peterson 80s shape a lot. If it comes back in stock, you might want to note that for factory pipes like Peterson, P&C, TP and CoJ all do not post pictures of the actual pipe but use stock pictures. What you see will not be what you get.

PS: your stock picture came from the Peterson website, Peterson Pipes: Irish Harp Sandblasted (80s) Fishtail - https://www.peterson.ie/pipes/premium/irish-harp-sandblasted/moreinfo.cfm?pd_product_Id=3587
Thank you for the info!

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I've been enamored with this one since I saw it in the November/December P&C catalog spread. Naturally, it's out of stock indefinitely, on P&C and everywhere else too. Ugh...

As I do believe I am grappling with my very first bout of PAD (only took 5+ years!), this is more of a cathartic "community outreach" post than anything else.
It's an immutable law of PAD that the chances of a pipe in an ad being out of stock and unavailable rise exponentially with the degree to which you are enamored with it.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
View attachment 279473

That looks like a fishtail - John at Wilke Tobacco has one!

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
View attachment 279473

Yes, it is a very attractive pipe! An 80s. Sp has them typically and I own one - a good smoker. In fact, there is something about the Irish Harp sandblast line that speaks to me. I have about a dozen of the Irish Harp shapes and will get a few more. I think that line is one of their most handsome.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Or get a Briarworks and a free hat instead...while supplies last! (c'mon admit it...you do want the hat)

002-696-3288.9196.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
View attachment 279473

I purchased that pipe for my dad last year. It is indeed a beautiful pipe and one I would have wanted for my own collection of pipes.

King Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
But not part of Britain, there are London made Petersons but the one in this thread is not one, my Irish Republican relatives would hate to be called British, it would be a insult of the highest order.
I'm an Irishman living in the US. I'm an Irish Republican. We don't make issue with the name of the archipelago. No one is calling anyone British but the pipe was made in the British Isles. All Irishmen know this from Grammer school.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
I'm an Irishman living in the US. I'm an Irish Republican. We don't make issue with the name of the archipelago. No one is calling anyone British but the pipe was made in the British Isles. All Irishmen know this from Grammer school.
The heading 'British pipes' is not referring to pipes made in the British Isles though is it? We can play a semantic game about the 'British Isles' all we want. But if that is the case, Guinness can be 'British', Taytos can be 'British', Clonakilty products can be 'British', any and all Irish Republicans can be 'British', you can be 'British'. Come on lad.