PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I bought this Peterson 20 years ago and could never figure out why it was the way it was. I even emailed Peterson a long time ago. It only has a "K". You might think it rubbed off, but twenty years ago it was clear on both the stem and shank that it was just a "K".
All I know is that it's pre-1949

DSC_0275~2.JPG

DSC_0267~3.JPG

DSC_0268~2.JPG

DSC_0272~2.JPG

DSC_0273~2.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0270~2.JPG
    DSC_0270~2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 1

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Good catch BROBS. I thought I knew a fair bit about Peterson, but that escaped me. Question for you; how long have you been at this pipe smoking business? I assumed it was just a couple of years but you have a surprising amount of pipe knowledge.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thank you. I must confess that I'm disappointed that it was just a bargain pipe. Oh well, at least it's different and smokes nice.
Well a bargain pipe for back then. So like a standard quality of today. It was not a second.

@mau1 I’ve been smoking pipes for 3.5 years. But have collected Peterson’s for roughly 2. So I’ve done a lot of reading and research due to pipes I’ve found or seen. I have a K briar myself but a slightly newer one... it’s a great smoking pipe. Their briar was awesome back then.