PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iporter

Lurker
Nov 23, 2018
Hello gang
I have just joined this great site and have briefly introduced myself in another post. Anyway to the point, is there any word on the ground regarding the 2018 Peterson Holiday Season Tobacco? They got it so right in 2016, didn't have a chance to try the 2017 so I am eagerily waiting the 2018 offering!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have two jars of 2015 left. It was better than 2016. I tried to order the 3018 but it went out of stock before they got to me or else Rattrays never sent it to the US.

Jan 8, 2013
as the Laudisi Group has been cutting down their tobaccos.
Scandinavian Tobacco Group took over Peterson Tobacco. Laudisi only took over Peterson's pipes, and I'm sure everything else that goes along with that part of the company such as accessories, etc.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Scandinavian Tobacco Group took over Peterson Tobacco. Laudisi only took over Peterson's pipes, and I'm sure everything else that goes along with that part of the company such as accessories, etc.
That's right, I done goofed.
Either way, STG has been cutting down their line.

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
Peterson is only gonna have 7 blends left, I have a picture of the story if I had a clue on how to post a picture in this forum

LpsqVAx

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, (including this site's album) such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
QB4EX83.jpg

For text, though, copy and paste might be better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you for the thread. It seems there has always been some churn in the pipe and tobacco businesses, sometimes for the worse, but sometimes bringing improvements.

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, (including this site's album) such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
I can post a picture on any website on the planet....except this one...can never get it to work

Jun 9, 2018
England
I was waiting for the Peterson Christmas tobacco as well but it looked like it wasn't going to happen this year and then I saw one of the guys I follow on YouTube and he said it definitely wasn't coming out this year so I went for the Rattrays Winter edition which sounded nice but I haven't tried it yet. I must say if the only tobaccos Peterson are now going to do is the 7 listed then the one I will really miss is the perfect plug as off the top of my head I can't think of anything similar that is available in England, I suppose I'll have to try and cellar some but the way my finances are at the moment and what with Christmas a few weeks away I could have done without having to do that, still maybe Rattrays or whoever will see an opportunity and step in to make a similar version, I've no idea how likely that is though as I don't know if it is that popular a blend.

Chris.

Jun 9, 2018
England
K9shag I bought the Rattrays Winter edition from Peter Heinrichs in Germany, I live in the UK and couldn't find anywhere here to buy it so I had to buy from abroad, it didn't work out to bad as I got some other blends with it and as German prices are cheaper than the UK the P&P paid for itself. I have ordered from them 5 or 6 times and have always been happy with the service, anyway hope this helps.

Chris

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I read the 2018 Rattray's Winter Edition was available and even had my local B&M place an order with the distributor to get me a couple of tins. They even called and were told it would be available. When their order came in, there was a note that it wasn't going to be available in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.