PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Etipton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 24, 2021
Tennessee
My local tobacconist had 3 tins of Peterson flake that are dated 7-20, I have never tried this blend but I tend to favor vapers and vaburs and straight virginas, what are your thoughts on this blend and is it better with the three years of age on it?1674048793182.jpeg

Reactions: Servant King

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Snatch up them tins, when I woke up today I was all, man I just need some Dunhill/Peterson flake a no-nonsense tasty VA.
So when I saw this post first thing after thinking that it was the Universe Shouting, cracking a tin after coffee myself.
One of about 5 baccy's I buy by the sleeve ...

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
I second the above recommendations to give it a try. If you like straight Virginias you should like this. As you probably know, Peterson Flake is the reintroduced Dunhill Flake which is one of -- if not the -- most copied/cloned Virginia Flakes. I haven't tried Peterson Flake myself, but my "go to" straight VA is McConnell Flake (another Dunhill Flake clone) and I really enjoy it. If you try the Peterson Flake and don't like it you can always trade it away for something else to try...

Reactions: vosBghos

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I say if you feel curious and the budget allows buy the darn tin. The thing is you can't answer the question of will I like this with out smoking it.
But my thoughts on Peterson Flake are that I have to edit my thoughts when people think about it. Because my first thought is why aren't you calling it University Flake which you should also try because it's just a super enjoyable great flake and it also makes you sound smarter when you smoke it (it doesn't make you smarter but you will use bigger words).
Weirdly though I have been craving EMP which is weird because while I've always enjoyed it, it's never been a favorite. Though you should get that one too if they have it, if for no other reason then the tin art is just the bomb.

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
Buy 1 and smoke it immediately. If you like it, go back for the other 2. FWIW, like vosBghos above, I've got sleeves of the stuff...

Reactions: ThermionicScott

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Peterson Flake was Dunhill Flake was Dunhill Light Flake before rebranding, EU regulations forcing name changes, and so on. It is lovely stuff that I have smoked many tins of,in all three incarnations. If you buy it and decide that you do not like it, you can send it to me for proper disposal by burning.puffy

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
It is a basic, straight up, no frills Virginia Flake. It's not the best on the market, but it's not the worst either. I have several tins of 18/19/20 Peterson Flake and a few tins left of the Dunhill version. It's good right out of the tin, and it's even better with a few years of age on it.

Snatch that up and enjoy!

Reactions: rmbittner

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I haven’t tried the Peterson version, but it sounds like there isn’t a noticeable or meaningful difference between it and the Dunhill Orlik incarnation. If that’s the case, then I can highly recommend it. For a tasty, straight VA flake, the Dunhill/Peterson Flake is one of my favorites, second only to Samuel Gawith’s Full Virginia Flake.

And, hey, it comes pre-aged !

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
It’s a phenomenal Virginia, especially with 3-5 years age. Highly recommend it