PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Congratulations!! I have been retired for 5 years. I'm loving it but the wife isn't so sure.
I went to visit my parents about 18 months after retirement. It was so wonderful seeing my uptight Yankee puritan engineer father so relaxed, you could see worry lines melting away. However one of the more common phrases I heard that trip was from my mother. "Dear, why don't you take Rookie to ____?" "It's a lovely day, why don't you and Rookie go ___?" "Goddammit, Rookie Sr.! Don't you have some work to do?"

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think timely retirement is a good idea. However, don't expect life to necessarily slow down. I expected long sleepy afternoons deciding whether to read a book, and which book, or to take a walk or listen to music. When you get to schedule yourself, you may turn out to be something of a slave driver. So remember to slow down and enjoy yourself with that handsome pipe. And congratulations!

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I think timely retirement is a good idea. However, don't expect life to necessarily slow down. I expected long sleepy afternoons deciding whether to read a book, and which book, or to take a walk or listen to music. When you get to schedule yourself, you may turn out to be something of a slave driver. So remember to slow down and enjoy yourself with that handsome pipe. And congratulations!
Looks what just showed up??AFC46AFA-D574-4556-88D2-19E307C304CC.jpeg