Peterson choose problem, are writers collection ebony hot smoking pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2012
hi all.

i am going to buy writers collection next a few days.

i cant choose between ebony or rustic.

i have a system 317 ebony and very bad pipe.it is overheat and dont breath at all.

I afraid ebony writers collection are the same.but I like more black ebony.

if writers collection ebony tend to overheat,i change my mind and get rustic.

please help me too choose.

sorry my bad english.

tnx.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I don't believe that the "Ebony" pipes are actually ebony, but rather a black finish.
The heat issue you refer to may be due to that finish, or may have a number of other causes.

Too frequent lighting, packing to tightly, smoking to vigorously, etc.

I'm sure there are several members that can address that for you.

Don't worry about your grammar, we have a number of international members for whom English isn't their primary language. (Personally I think you did quite well.)
You may consider using: Google Translate

It's not perfect, but you can type in Persian/Farsi and it will translate to English.

I highly recommend it.
And, Welcome aboard!

Oct 16, 2012
tanx rothnh and tanx Lawrence for your help.

but i have several petersons and stanwells and savinellies pipes that never go hot.i smoke gently and pack different ways that i learned from youtube.just two pipe from my collection go hot with my smoking way.peterson system 317 ebony and peterson aran sterling band 05.but my system 317 is overheat and very very hot that you cant touch it at all.i afraid to pete black finish.but i believe black finishes are difference in different pipes range.maybe writers collection's black finish are not similar with system ebony.

it is very disappointing buy 4 pipes in a set and get hot.

help me more please.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Even though the black pipes are pretty, I would get the rusticated ones. In my opinion you will be happier in the long run.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have an ebony 303 system peterson and dont seem to have the issues you speak of. personally though, i prefer the rusticated ones. I think your less likely to experience the issues you talk about if you choose rusticated IMO

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have an ebony Killarney and an ebony 03, they are excellent smokers. The 317 is a small bowl so I could see that getting hot. Go with the rusticated if you are concerned though. I would definitely not hesitate to get another ebony Peterson though.

Status
Not open for further replies.